I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn’t call for any unusual ingredients.
READY IN: 25mins
SERVES: water, divided
tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
small onion, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes until the broccoli is tender but still crisp. Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional).