Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
Shredded has browns make the golden crust for this family favorite shared by Kim Rauhala. The tasty toppings include ground beef, sliced mushrooms and shredded cheese. “Sometimes I add basil or oregano to the seasonings,” says the Didsbury, Alberta subscriber.
Pizza with Hash Brown Crust Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns and soup. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
1 piece: 348 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 884mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.