Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
This recipe makes just the right amount for my husband and me. I like the idea of cooking it all in one pan, and a touch of Worcestershire sauce adds a distinctive taste.
-Barbara Kemmer, Rohnert Park, California
Hamburger Mac Skillet Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the tomato juice, macaroni, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
1 serving: 291 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1620mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.