Roast lamb is best for Eastertime or any special occasion. This succulent dish requires a flavorful rosemary, garlic and onion rub.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup carefully chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (5 to 6 pounds), trimmed
- Preheat oven to 325 °. Integrate the oil, rosemary, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over lamb. Location fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, exposed, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or till meat reaches preferred doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer must read 135 °; medium,140 °; medium-well, 145 °), basting sometimes with pan juices. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
5 ounces prepared lamb: 318 calories, 18 g fat (5g filled fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36 g protein.