These Easy Beef Street Tacos are simple yet so flavorful. Finely minced skirt steak is prepared with onions and stuffed into toasted corn shells and topped with white onion and lots of cilantro. Serves 6 in about 30 minutes.
Turn the script on #tacotuesday with these EASY beef street tacos!
Toasted corn tortillas are filled with tender and perfectly skilled skirt steak and easy toppings like: great deals of dice white onion and a lot more cilantro. Street tacos aren’t expected to be made complex. You can add tomato, lettuce … whatever. I choose mine with just onion and cilantro with a drizzle of hot sauce or salsa.
The simpler the much better.
To Make These Beef Street Tacos You Will Need:
- olive oil — I like additional light. Something that has a high smoke point and is light in taste.
- skirt steak — or attempt flank steak!
- yellow onion
- ground chipotle powder
- chili powder
- cumin— toasted (if you can discover it)
- kosher salt
- white corn tortillas
- white onion
- hot sauce or salsa
- diced tomato, optional
Start by carefully mincing 1-1/4 pounds skirt (or flank) steak. A sharp knife will make this task so a lot easier.
Drizzle 2 teaspoons olive oil into a 12- inch deep sided frying pan and heat on medium high heat. As soon as hot, include the minced skirt steak and 1 small finely diced yellow onion.
Stir, cook and till the pink is nearly all traces of pink are gone. Measure and add in the 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste.
Stir and cook till the steak is no longer pink.
This meat is so tender and very tasty. You might use it in a lot of ways; on nachos, in a salad or stuffed into tacos.
While the meat is cooking, I rapidly toast the shells in a dry frying pan over medium-high heat.
Fill with a couple of spoonfuls of the meat mix and top with great deals of diced white onion and cilantro. From here on out, you can top with whatever your heart desires.
Get. In. My. Belly.
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds skirt steak, finely minced
- 1 little yellow onion, carefully diced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (toasted if you can find it)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 2 small lots cilantro, finely minced
- 1 white onion, carefully minced
ADDITIONAL (optional) TOPPINGS:
- hot sauce or salsa
- diced tomatoes
- jalapeño, minced
- carefully chopped iceberg lettuce
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large 12- inch skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, include the minced steak and onion. Stir and prepare up until practically all traces of pink are gone.
- Step and include the chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin and salt. Stir and cook till the steak is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, heat a smaller frying pan (cast iron, stainless or nonstick) over medium-high heat. Toast one side of the corn tortillas and palce it on a towel lined plate and cover with half of the towel. Repeat with the staying tortillas.
- Fill the corn tortillas with a couple of spoonfuls of meat and top with cilantro and white onion. Do not hesitate to sprinkle with your favorite hot sauce, salsa or toppings you wish.
Quantity Per Serving:
Calories: 859 Overall Fat: 47 g Hydrogenated Fat: 18 g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 26 g Cholesterol: 180 mg Sodium: 657 mg Carbohydrates: 26 g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 79 g
Nutrition info isn’t constantly precise.
This post might include affiliate links.
Purchase the Cookbook: Merely Scratch: 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now readily available on Amazon “
THANK YOU ahead of time for your assistance!
initially published February 26, 2020– last updated May 1, 2020 by Laurie McNamara