Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Stir-fried steak and veggies give this hearty salad a cozy kick.
Add any of your favorite salad ingredients like shredded cheese, croutons, mushrooms or cucumber. —Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
Zesty Steak Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 to 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sirloin and Worcestershire sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add sirloin; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Spoon meat and vegetables over lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Serve with salsa if desired.
1 serving: 218 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.