- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 4 sirloin or rump steaks, cut of all noticeable fat, each about 125 g
For the fennel slaw
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and very finely sliced
- handful coriander leaves
- juice 1 lime
- ACTION 1
Mix the soy, vinegar and honey, include the steaks, then marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- ACTION 2
Toss together the carrot, fennel, onion and coriander, then chill until all set to serve.
- ACTION 3
Cook the steaks in a griddle pan for a few mins on each side, depending on the thickness and how well done you like them. Set the meat aside to rest on a plate, then include the remaining marinade to the pan. Bubble the marinade until it minimizes a little to make a sticky sauce.
- STEP 4
Gown the salad with the lime juice, then stack onto plates and serve with the steaks. Spoon the sauce over the meat.
Dish from Good Food publication, July 2009