- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 hard rolls or croissants
- 1 cup carefully shredded lettuce
- 8 tomato pieces
- 4 green pepper rings
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
- In a mixer, combine the first 6 components; cover and process till smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup. Put remaining sauce into a big resealable plastic bag. Include chicken; seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes per side or until a thermometer checks out 170 °.
- On bottom half of each roll or croissant, layer lettuce, tomatoes, chicken and green pepper. Drizzle with reserved sauce; spread out with mayonnaise if wanted. Replace tops.
Editor’s Note: Chicken might be grilled, covered, over low coals for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear.