Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
8 servings (40 meatballs)
“These moist meatballs are so easy to make, yet they taste so fancy,” writes Teri Lindquist of Gurnee, Illinois. The sweet and tangy sauce has surprising flavor from ginger and cloves. This entree is economical, too at 78¢ a serving.
Tangy Meatballs Over Noodles Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; drain.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and cloves; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with meatballs.
5 each: 435 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.