by Lisa 3 Remarks
Sweet Potato Mushroom Beef Stew is bursting with abundant flavor and loads of veggies. It’s a hearty, gluten free meal that’s made easy with the Instant Pot.
Who else enjoys stew?
Because winter doesn’t appear to want to leave Minnesota, I’m still yearning stew regularly. There’s absolutely nothing much better than the smell that wafts through your home while it’s cooking.
The majority of the time I like to slow simmer my stews on the range top, like my timeless beef stew and my Italian beef stew. It can be a very peaceful way to invest a weekend afternoon.
However often you simply do not have the 2-3 hours to let the stew effectively simmer on the stove top. That’s why I made this stew in the Instant Pot. You still get all the flavor of a slow simmered stew in a lot less time.
From start to finish, sweet potato mushroom beef stew can be all set in about an hour and 15 minutes. And let me tell you, it’s so full of tasty flavor.
To get this on the table even much faster, you might prep all of your veggies ahead of time. That makes it completely workable on a weeknight.
Let’s talk about the flavor.
Pair this stew with some crusty bread and a tossed salad and you have scrumptious, stick-to-your-ribs sort of meal.
What do I need to learn about Sugary food Potato Mushroom Beef Stew?
- If you do not have garbanzo bean flour, any gluten free flour can be substituted.
- Routine flour can be utilized if you’re not gluten totally free.
- Leave out the Worcestershire sauce if you’re gluten free.
- Do not care for sweet potatoes? You can replace red or russet potatoes.
- If you prefer to prepare this on the stove top, you can follow the method I use for my lamb stew.
1 hour15 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 pound beef stew meat
- 10 oz whole cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 big sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (omit if gluten free)
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock, divided
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour (or routine flour, if not gluten free)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, carefully chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in the Instant Pot on the sauté function
- Brown stew meat in batches, about 2 minutes per side, adding extra oil between batches if needed
- Remove each batch and set aside.
- Put the cover on the pot and set for 35 minutes on the stew function.
- Stir flour mix into the stew.
The sweet potatoes get pretty soft, so stir the stew carefully when thickening the sauce.
This stew freezes truly well, so it’s a fantastic meal to make ahead.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 486 Total Fat: 16 g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10 g Cholesterol: 150 mg Sodium: 918 mg Carbohydrates: 31 g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 56 g