Ingredients: 1/2 tsp allspice,1 celery stalk, minced,1 large egg,1 clove garlic, minced,1 lb 93% lean ground beef,2 oz light cream cheese,1 tsp olive oil,1 small onion, minced,1/4 cup minced parsley,2 cups reduced sodium beef stock,salt and pepper to taste,1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- In a large deep saute pan, heat oil on medium heat, add onions and garlic; saut until onions are translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add celery and parsley and cook until soft, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine beef, egg, onion mixture, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and allspice.
- Mix well and form meatballs with your hands 1/8 cup each (fill 1/4 cup then divide the meat in half).
- Add beef stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly drop meatballs into the broth. Cover and cook about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs with a slotted spoon and set aside in a serving dish. Strain the stock, add to blender with cream cheese and pulse until smooth. Return to pan and simmer a few minutes to thicken, then pour over meatballs.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over noodles or with toothpicks if you want to set these out as an appetizer.
- This makes 22 meatballs, nutritional info is based on 5 meatballs with gravy.
- Print This
- 5 PP 6 SP Appetizers Beef Recipes Main Dishes Recipes
- posted May 9, 2011 by Gina
- 199 Comments