Home cheese and sour cream give a delicious velvety coating to the tender cubes of potatoes in this side dish. i generally double the recipe when serving it to guests. They never understand it’s light.
— Happiness Allen of Forsyth, Georgia.
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup Daisy fat-free home cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place the potatoes in a large pan and cover with water.
- In a mixer or food processor, integrate the home cheese, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt and garlic powder; cover and procedure till smooth.
- Pour into a 1-qt.
1/2 cup: 158 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 391 mg salt, 24 g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.