Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
I reside in Orange County and, as you may think by our county’s name, there are lots of orange trees here. This salad is one of my preferred ways to utilize this wonderful fruit. It makes a good light dinner on a hot day.
Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe image by Taste of House
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound beef leading sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- Whisk together first 5 components.
- For salad, in a big frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Get rid of from heat. If desired, sprinkle with salt.
- Location romaine, fruit and beef in a serving dish. Toss with vinaigrette. If wanted, leading with walnuts. Serve instantly.
1-1/2 cups: 265 calories, 10 g fat (2g hydrogenated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 101 mg salt, 19 g carbohydrate (14 g sugars, 4g fiber), 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.