The summer months are coming to an end. I swear just a couple weeks ago I was talking about how excited I was for summer to be here. Seriously it has flown by and a lot has happened in just a few short months.
Several vacations under wraps as well as taking in an extra kid all in such a short amount of time. Now I’m prepping for Kindergarten and getting a babies room sorted out. I’ve even lost my main office room (now baby room) in all of the hustle and bustle.
I will say that I have taken some much needed time away from the blog this summer and not allowing myself to get too stressed in all of the mix. Dinners have been less stressful and usually involve fresh vegetables found in our garden or at the local Farmer’s Market. They are quick, easy and allow of us to get stuff done in the evening time.
A couple years ago I shared these Stuffed Sausage Biscuits. They were a hit with everyone especially during tailgate season. I’ve updated that recipe to make them more dinner and kid friendly. Welcome to the new and improved Stuffed Pizza Popovers. My family enjoyed these so much that we didn’t even have leftovers.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced pepperoni
- 16 biscuits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in Italian Seasoning towards the end of the cooking process. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add bell pepper and mushroom and cook for 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in pepperoni and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Flatten each biscuit and place in a muffin tin hole. Add two scoops of the meat and vegetable mixture and then top with shredded cheese. Pinch the top of the biscuit to secure the dough. Repeat until all biscuits have been filled.
- Bake in the oven for 16 minutes.