Our state is famous for its green chilies. Naturally, my partner and I included them in this linguine dish we created. The sauce is also outstanding with spaghetti or fettuccine noodles. All of our five kids, ages 3 to 13, enjoy it.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups entire milk
- 1 plan (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces raw linguine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
1 cup: 675 calories, 34 g fat (19 g hydrogenated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 604 mg salt, 52 g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 40 g protein.