This tangy ground beef and vegetable soup is tasty and quick to fix. It makes a total meal when served with warm cornbread, sourdough bread or French bread if you can squeak in a few more calories.– Lynnette Davis, Tullahoma, Tennessee.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 container (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen combined vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a big frying pan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. sluggish cooker. Stir in the staying ingredients. Cover and prepare on low for 8 hours or until the veggies are tender.
1-1/2 cups: 177 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 675 mg salt, 19 g carb (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1 starch.