- 2 tbsp veggie oil
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cloves
- 8 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 2 lamb stock cubes
- 450 g basmati rice
- 500 g lamb leftovers, shredded
- 100 g raisins
- 5 spring onions, carefully sliced
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- little lot parsley, approximately sliced, plus a couple of leaves picked, to serve
- little lot coriander, approximately sliced, plus a few leaves selected, to serve
- 50 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 200 ml natural yogurt, to serve
- STEP 1
Put the oil in a big pan over a medium heat.
- STEP 2
Collapse the stock cubes into 1.2 litres of just-boiled water.
- ACTION 3
Once the rice is ready, remove from the heat and include the raisins, spring onions, tomatoes and herbs, blending well.