Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
I had some extra cilantro in the fridge and didn’t want to throw it away. Instead, I came up with this delightful and filling family recipe. Everyone just loved it! —Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, Ohio
Southwestern Goulash Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, chiles and dry seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni and cilantro.
1-1/3 cups: 224 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.