Published: | Modified: | Author: Amanda Livesay
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that this past weekend my husband went to a work barbecue and ate 10 hamburgers, 2 ribs, and then came home and made the world’s largest strawberry shortcake. Well he had planned on grilling at home that night but for obvious reasons he wasn’t hungry. So I forced him to go get me a ginormous burrito and chips & guac and I did what I always do – I ate the chips & guac for dinner and saved the burrito for breakfast and lunch the next day.
The next morning he was all “DANGIT! WHY DIDN’T I BUY MYSELF A BURRITO SO I COULD HAVE IT TODAY?!” and proceeded to whine about it all day.
So I made him some burritos.
I don’t really like making burritos at home because for some reason they’re always really dry so I figured this would be a good recipe to go with. It’s kind of a mixture of burritos and enchiladas. You make the burritos as normal but then you top them with enchilada sauce (that the meat was cooked in) and lots and lots of cheese.
My husband was pretty thrilled with them. And bonus: the meat is done is the slow cooker! Yay!
5 – 7 burritos
8 hours 1 minute
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 20 ounce can mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1-2 cups refried beans
- 5-7 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Put beef stew meat, enchilada sauce, and beef bouillon cubes in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Remove meat from sauce with a slotted spoon and shred.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Warm beans in the microwave or on the stove.
- Working one at a time, lay a tortilla on a flat surface. Spread a thin layer of beans on the center of the tortilla. Put a large spoonful of the shredded meat on the beans. Top with a small amount of the sauce that remains in the slow cooker. Fold the sides of the burrito in and then roll. Place seam side down in a 9×13-inch pan. Repeat until you run out of meat.
- Top the burritos with some of the enchilada sauce and then the cheddar cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 840Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 2197mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 8gSugar: 8gProtein: 79g
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me in your Instagram photo – @fakeginger