Prep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
I’m a big fan of Reuben sandwiches and anything with that flavor combination. For an appetizer, I blend corned beef with Swiss and a few other items to make a spread for rye bread or crackers. —June Herke, Watertown, South Dakota
Slow-Cooked Reuben Spread Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- Snack rye bread or rye crackers
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Stir to blend. Serve spread with bread or crackers.
2 tablespoons: 137 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.