Growing up in the deep south, lamb was hardly ever on our table, but when we had it, it was most absolutely a treat. It wasn’t until I was in my late 20’s though that I realized, not just do I not understand how to prepare a lamb dish, but likewise that I didn’t have enough lamb in my life.
Years later on, I have reviewed my love of lamb. The quality. The taste. American lamb is so tender and loaded with abundant taste, it’s stunning!
Uncertain what to do with lamb? There are numerous dish choices from Asian to Mediterranean to Latin, with plenty of choices depending on your scheme preference. For me, I enjoy Middle Eastern tastes and have actually incorporated them into this dish, Shredded Lamb Tacos with Orange Salsa then I topped them off with Greek yogurt and a generous amount of pomegranate seeds.
I sluggish cooked the boneless lamb shoulder in the crockery pot up until tender and then shredded it with a fork. You can either utilize flatbread or soft tortilla shells and generously fill them with the tender lamb. I take pleasure in topping it off with yogurt that has a little Harissa sauce swirled into it to provide it some bite, and for the Orange Salsa, I was motivated by the Moroccan orange and carrot salad, which adds an intense taste to the dish.
Considering That there are more than 82,000 family-owned sheep operations situated in almost every U.S. state, you can find American lamb year round, no issue. To discover more info and find recipe motivation visit American Lamb.
You can reveal your social networks love and follow American Lamb Board on Twitter. Like American Lamb Board on Facebook. Get inspiration and follow American Lamb Board on Pinterest.
- 3 – 5 pounds. Boneless Lamb Shoulder
- 4 Tbls (1/2 stick) Butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (or 1/2 tsp Smoked Sea Salt)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 – 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Sugary food Paprika
- 1 Tbls fresh Rosemary, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbls fresh Thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 dried Chipolte Pepper
- 2 medium Onions, quartered then sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup Water
For the Toppings:
- Yogurt combined with 1 – 2 Tbls Harissa (Moroccan hot sauce)
- Orange Salsa to serve
- Pomegranate seeds to taste
- In a crock pot set to high.
- Mix together the softened Butter with all the spices from Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Paprika, Rosemary, Thyme, Cumin and Coriander. Blend until smooth.
- Rub the boneless Lamb shoulder with Butter blend and coat well.
- In the bottom of the crockery pot, add the water and sliced onions then put the Butter covered Lamb on top. Cover with cover and cook on high for 4 – 6 hours or till the meat hurts and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- When tender, remove meat kind crockery pot (scheduling liquid) and location meat on chopping board and shred with a fork. Remove the onions from liquid and blend back into shredded lamb with a tablespoon or 2 of the liquid.
- Warm the flatbread or tortilla shells and include the shredded Lamb and onion mix, Yogurt, Orange Salsa and Pomogranate Seeds.
I was selected for this chance as a member of Clever Girls and the material and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Stacey is a Southern woman with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her cherished deep south taking pleasure in life with her 3 children and liking the experience. She’s a food stylist and food professional photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she enjoys to motivate others to attempt new flavors and food lover techniques.