Ingredients: Freshly ground black pepper,Coarse sea salt,2 teaspoons Dijon mustard,2 teaspoons green peppercorns,1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, plus a “few grates” lemon zest,2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves,2 porterhouse steak, about 2 1/2 pounds and about 2 1/2 inches thick,1 cup minced shallots,2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 8 additional tablespoons, softened,2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Make the butter: In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, then add the shallots. Season with salt, to taste, and cook until they are translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the shallots to a medium bowl.
- Add the green peppercorns, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest and Worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk to blend so all of the flavors start to meld together. Use a fork to blend in the other 8 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir in the parsley.
- Roll the butter into a cylinder (like cookie dough) in plastic wrap or parchment pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.