I developed this dish as a way to use my homegrown veggies. My teaching duties keep me busy, but I enjoy cooking for my partner and daughter most of all.– Leslie Luthe, Parkersburg, Illinois.
- 4 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 big onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, prepared and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon Italian flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- In a big pan, integrate the potatoes, water, carrots, onion, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until warmed through, stirring sometimes.
1 cup: 246 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 350 mg salt, 36 g carb (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 15 g protein.