Rubbed sage includes fantastic flavoring to the lamb loin chops, that also get a little kick from cayenne pepper.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a little bowl, integrate the water, vinegar, oil and seasonings. Put 1/4 cup into a shallow dish; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side, basting sometimes with reserved marinade.
- Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until meat reaches wanted doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer ought to check out 135 °; medium,140 °; medium-well, 145 °).
2 each: 305 calories, 20 g fat (4g filled fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 1g carb (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29 g protein.