Roast lamb is a treat for our family at Easter Time and on other unique events. Before putting the meat in the oven, I rub on a mix of garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, which enhances the taste. -Marie Hattrup Stimulates, Nevada.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (7 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 °. In a small bowl, integrate the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over meat. Put on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until the meat reaches wanted doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer must read 135 °; medium,140 °; medium-well, 145 °). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, pour pan drippings and loosened brown bits into a small saucepan. Skim fat. Combine cornstarch and broth up until smooth. Whisk into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with lamb.
1 piece: 220 calories, 8g fat (4g filled fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33 g protein.