Crispy caramelized edges and fresh rosemary flavor make these easy Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms absolutely irresistible!
Any other mushroom lovers out there?
I ADORE ‘shrooms. In fact, there are few things that I don’t think would benefit from the addition of mushrooms (baked goods and cocktails aside). But it wasn’t always such a fervent love affair. I used to think they were slimy when I was growing up. Which only goes to prove that I hadn’t tried mushrooms that were made well. These Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms? They are the antidote to any mushroom holdout.
It’s hard to pick the one thing I love most about these mushrooms. Is it the crispy edges from the caramelized balsamic vinegar? Is it the fresh rosemary flavor infusion? Yes and yes, but even more than both of those two things combined, I love the meaty texture of these mushrooms. They are an ideal substantial side dish (or main course, if you love them like I do!).
My secret to meaty mushrooms? The microwave.
Mushrooms are notorious for having a high water content that releases as it cooks. Too much water essentially negates the wonderful caramelization that occurs when you roast veggies, especially ‘shrooms. So give your mushrooms a quick spin in microwave to release most of their juices before you pop them in the hot oven. It makes a world of difference in the texture of the finished dish.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 28 minutes
Total Time 43 minutes
- 2 pounds crimini or baby bella mushrooms, wiped clean and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place mushrooms in a large microwavable bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt, cover lightly and cook on high for 8 minutes. Drain really well.
- Toss drained mushrooms with 3 tablespoons olive oil and place on a large baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar, garlic and rosemary. Pour over mushrooms on baking sheet and toss to coat all mushrooms. Return to oven and roast for 5 more minutes, stirring half way through.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g
Mushrooms forever? Yes, please!