Ingredients: 1/4 cup canola oil,2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary,1/4 cup kosher salt,2 8-bone racks of lamb, chine bone removed, frenched,Grated zest of 2 lemons,Pinch of sugar
- Mix together the lemon zest, rosemary, salt and sugar. Season the racks on all sides with this mixture, cover and put in the refrigerator overnight. This acts like a quick cure, which will add flavor to the lamb when it is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put a large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Put one of the seasoned racks in the pan fat-side down and sear until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip the rack and sear the other side for a few minutes.
- Remove to a rimmed baking sheet fat-side up, and repeat the browning process with the other rack.
- Put the baking sheet with both racks on it in the oven and roast until the meat registers 120 degrees F to 125 degrees F in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into chops and serving.
- Photograph by Yunhee Kim