These easy quinoa breakfast tacos are a delicious method to begin your day. Made with nourishing active ingredients, these are healthy and detox-friendly.
Tuesday is a fantastic day to make quinoa breakfast tacos, do not ya believe? When you’re on the hunt for a tasty breakfast, but eggs just aren’t actually your style, these breakfast tacos may just be your saving grace. They’re easy, they’re delicious, they’re delicious AND they’re healthy.
You understand I’m a sweet kind of girl when it comes to breakfast, but Matt, on the other hand, is not.
I actually can’t take credit for this lovely recipe though since it’s coming from one of my new preferred cookbooks, Eating Clean my by girl Amie Valpone from the blog site The Healthy Apple. I have actually understood Amie for a few years now– she’s a fellow NYC citizen– and when I heard she was coming out with a cookbook, I understood it was going to be great.
With more than simply dishes, this book is genuinely a resource for detoxing your entire life– from your diet plan to your home, your beauty and skin care and whatever in between. She has ideas for every single stage of the procedure, supplies suggestions for clean products and has tons of substitution ideas to make the entire thing as easy as possible. Amie walks you through a 21- day elimination diet in addition to an accompanying 2-week detox strategy.
For the dish portion of the book, whatever is allergy- and detox-friendly; there’s no meat, gluten, dairy, soy, corn, peanuts, eggs OR refined sugar in any of the 200 recipes!
Simply see for yourself! These quinoa breakfast tacos (which really use millet in the cookbook) are spectacular. And not just did they make me feel stimulated and prepared to take on the day, but they also made fantastic leftovers so I had a healthy choice for the next couple of days!
Wish to try these recipes on your own?
Get a copy of Consuming Clean– the necessary guide to fighting inflammation, recovery your gut, and resetting your body.
Buy Your Copy Here
More Astonishing Breakfast Recipes to attempt:
- Fruit & Yogurt Quinoa Breakfast Cereal Bowl
- Savory Pesto Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- 5-minute Savory Breakfast Quinoa
- Mexican Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- Peach Pie Breakfast Parfaits
Quinoa Breakfast Tacos with Kale Butternut Squash
These quinoa breakfast tacos (which in fact use millet in the cookbook) are spectacular. And not just did they make me feel stimulated and ready to take on the day, they likewise made terrific leftovers so I had a healthy choice for the next couple of days!
Course Breakfast, Main Course
Keyword butternut squash, healthy tacos, kale
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Portions 4 portions
Calories 453 kcal
Author Alyssa Rimmer
- 1 1/2 cups prepared quinoa or millet like she calls for in the book
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon newly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 gluten-free whole-grain tortillas or whole-grain corn tortillas if you can securely eat corn
- 1 dish Butternut Squash and Swiss Chard or Kale
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted, peeled, and very finely sliced
- 4 scallions very finely sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butternut Squash Swiss Chard or Kale filling:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups peeled seeded, and diced butternut squash ( 1/4- inch cubes)
- 1/2 bunch Swiss chard or kale, carefully sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Make the filling by heating oil in a big frying pan over medium-high heat.
Complete with a dollop of the Cumin Cashew Cream Sauce and/or a drizzle of the Seriously Marvelous Sriracha Sauce, if preferred (both recipes can be discovered in her book Consuming Clean).
Sugar: 16 g
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Enter into the Simply Quinoa neighborhood and get weekly emails with exclusive material that I just share in e-mail, in addition to my in-depth guide to beginning your quinoa journey.
Download Your Free Guide