Prep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min. + standing
Updated: Oct. 14, 2022
“This recipe comes from our family cookbook. We love casseroles, and this is a cherished favorite.” Suzette Jury – Keene, California
Potato Beef Lasagna Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato-basil soup
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and tomatoes; set aside.
- Place half of the potatoes and onion into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Layer with remaining potatoes and onion. Top with mozzarella cheese and meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
1-1/4 cups: 372 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.