It is Secret Recipe Club time again! This month I was assigned This Mama Cooks. Anne-Marie has a very extensive website full of great recipes as well tips, coupons, and other deals. Anne-Marie also has a whole section of Weight Watchers recipes!
My son is a huge fan of french toast. He loves it topped with strawberries, so when I saw this, I immediately knew he would love it! One Saturday morning I made this for him. He was in heaven. My husband wasn’t sure how the strawberries and peanut butter and maple syrup would go together, but it worked. My 7 year old likes crunchy peanut butter, so that is what I used, but you could use whatever you like.
This is a very filling and somewhat decadent feeling breakfast. It comes together rather quickly (not much longer than making traditional french toast). It would be great for a weekend breakfast, or even a fun Thanksgiving breakfast.
French Toast filled with peanut butter, and topped with a strawberry maple syrup.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups strawberries, , sliced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat griddle or non stick skillet to 350 degrees (about medium high).
- In a small sauce pan heat syrup over low heat. Add the strawberries, and mix to coat. Let sit over low heat until ready to eat.
- In a medium sized bowl beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Spread out slices of bread and top each slice with 1 Tbls of peanut butter (I used crunchy). Sandwich bread together, to make 4 sandwiches.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Place on the griddle, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, slice in half, and top with strawberry mixture to serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 509Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 142mgSodium 663mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 8gSugar 23gProtein 21g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- Recent Posts
Welcome to Dinners, Dishes, & Desserts where my love of food meets my busy life. My name is Erin and I’m a casual home cook who loves to feed people. On this blog, you’ll find hundreds of quick and easy recipes made mostly from scratch. My days are spent in the kitchen, creating new recipes to share with family and friends.
Latest posts by Erin S (see all)
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Filed Under: Breakfast Recipes Tagged With: french toast, peanut butter french toast, peanut butter stuffed french toast, secret recipe club, strawberry maple syrup, stuffed french toast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.