I love sharing my youth dishes and stories with you. Often while I am cooking a particular dish, I discover myself smiling at the memories of Mamita in the kitchen area.
This Pastel de Yuca con Carne is a quick and simple meal. It is one of those dishes that reminds me of home, and a meal that you will not often discover on a menu in a Colombian dining establishment. Home cooked Colombian food is reassuring and gratifying.
I Hope you delight in making this Cassava and Beef Casserole. Feel free to change the beef with the meat of your option, or simply use vegetables and cheese for a meatless meal. Buen provecho!
( 4 to 6 servings)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds of fresh or frozen yuca
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a sauce pan. Cook the beef. Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon. Include the onions to the pan and saute till the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper. Return the meat to the pan and cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes until the beef is fully prepared.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the yuca into pieces and place into a pot of cold, salted water. Bring the water to a boil and cook it up until hurts, about 10 minutes. Drain pipes the yuca and return it to the pot.
- Add the butter, milk and mash it to make a puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the mashed yuca equally in a baking dish.When the meat is ready, put it on top of the yuca and spread the remaining mashed yuca equally all over the top. Add the cheeses over the yuca and bake the casserole until the top is golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
This was printed from MyColombianRecipes.com
This website uses Akismet to minimize spam. Discover how your remark data is processed.