Laura Babberl of Boone, Iowa, relates, “I’m a retired nurse and do all the cooking for my sister and me. It’s tough to come up with easy recipes for 2, so I created this one. We like it!”.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic powder.
- In a frying pan, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
1 each: 394 calories, 18 g fat (6g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 45 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.