This dinner for two is packed with great deals of flavor and color. Red pepper flakes include a little kick to the orange beef sauce, and the tender veggies add a pop of color.– Taste of Home Test Kitchen Area.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups frozen sugar snap stir-fry veggie blend, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup hot prepared rice
- In a little bowl, integrate the first 6 ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a big frying pan or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil up until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. Get rid of with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry vegetable blend and garlic in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Give a boil; cook and stir till thickened, about 2 minutes. Include beef; heat through. Serve with rice.
1-1/2 cups with 1/2 cup rice: 390 calories, 11 g fat (3g filled fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 41 g carb (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 veggie, 1 fat.