Ground lamb and Moroccan-inspired herbs and spices combine to make the filling for these delicious pastry-wrapped appetizers. They’re a great choice for amusing and can quickly be made ahead and baked prior to serving. A dipping sauce of Greek yogurt and mango chutney complements the flavorings in the lamb perfectly.
- 3/4 lb ground lamb
- 2 big shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, carefully chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- All purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- Pinch of cayenne
- Location the lamb, shallots, garlic, mint, parsley, salt, pepper, cumin and coriander in a bowl. Combine thoroughly – utilizing your hands works the very best.
- Unfold the pastry sheet onto a gently floured flat surface and roll out gently to smooth the creases and stretch the sheet to a 10 x 12- inch rectangle. Slice the pastry into 3 strips (10 x 4-inch) and brush with beaten egg.
- Place 1/3 of the lamb mix lengthwise down the middle of each strip of pastry. Fold the long side of the pastry over the filling as securely as possible and press to seal. Place each roll, joint side down on a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap securely and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Unwrap the pastry rolls and, using a sharp knife, slice them into 8 pieces each. Arrange in a single layer on the ready flat pan and brush each piece with beaten egg. Bake for 20 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Integrate the Greek yogurt, chutney and cayenne in a small bowl and act as a dipping sauce.
About the Author
Lynne Webb is the editor, publisher and dish developer. A long-lasting food lover and knowledgeable cook, she chose to use her graphic design and marketing background to launch a website where she could explore and share her passion for food.
Stay up to date.
Subscribe to receive a brand-new collection of recipes, cooking pointers and more provided to your inbox weekly.