Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
“My husband and I created the recipe for this hearty snack,” relates Braham, Minnesota field editor Sandra McKenzie. “Our whole family enjoys it.”
Mexican Pizza Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Unroll crescent roll dough and place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Flatten dough to fit the pan, sealing seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown; cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream until blended; spread over crust. Chill 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. Add water according to package directions and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with olives, tomato, cheeses and lettuce. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
1 piece: 226 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.