- 4 lean lamb steaks (about 400 g), trimmed of all fat, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 8 tsp sliced fresh ginger
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 4 tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 170 g brown basmati rice
- 320 g diced butternut squash
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 20 cm length cucumber, grated
- 100 ml bio yogurt
- 4 tablespoon sliced mint, plus a couple of extra leaves
- handful coriander, sliced
- STEP 1
Mix the lamb with the garlic, 2 tsp sliced ginger and 1 tsp ground coriander and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat 2 tsp oil in a non-stick pan. Include the onions, the staying ginger and chilli and stir-fry briefly over a high heat so they start to soften. Add the rice and squash and stir over the heat for a few mins. Pointer in all the remaining spices, then stir in 500 ml boiling water and the bouillon. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- ACTION 3
Meanwhile, mix the cucumber, yogurt and mint together in a bowl to make a raita. Chill half for later on.
- STEP 4
About 5 minutes prior to the rice is ready, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan, include the lamb and stir for a couple of mins up until browned but still nice tender. Toss into the spiced rice with the coriander and serve with the raita and a few mint or coriander leaves on top.
REGISTER TO OUR HEALTHY DIET PLAN STRATEGY
This dish belongs to our free Healthy Diet plan Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus professional suggestions to help you feel and look your best.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, January 2018