- 1 tbsp veggie oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 800 g additional lean boneless lamb, preferably leg or shoulder, cut into good-sized portions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into fine matchsticks
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and each cut into 4-6 pieces
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 150 g carton low fat natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ACTION 1
Heat the oil in a big, heavy-based pan over a moderate heat up until quite hot.
- STEP 2
Suggestion in the sliced onions and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, up until softened and golden.
- STEP 3
Stir in the garlic and ginger, ground coriander, cayenne, turmeric, potatoes and 1 tsp salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes.