A lemon-olive oil marinade offers these delicious kabobs a good tang. In bad weather condition and during the winter, we prepare them in a 400- degree oven for 25 to 40 minutes.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 1-1/2- inch cubes
- 1 pound beef leading sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2- inch cubes
- 6 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 big fresh mushrooms
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, integrate very first five components. Location the lamb and beef in a large resealable plastic bag; include half of the marinade. Place veggies in another large resealable plastic bag; add the staying marinade. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate 1 hour.
- On eight metal or soaked wood skewers, at the same time thread lamb, beef, onions, red peppers and mushrooms. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or up until meat reaches preferred doneness and vegetables hurt. Serve with pita bread.
1 each: 419 calories, 13 g fat (4g filled fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1524 mg salt, 34 g carb (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40 g protein.