Italian Beef and Rice Frying Pan
posted on August 26, 2019 by Stephanie
This shop has actually been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its marketer. All viewpoints are mine alone. #MahatmaFastRice #MahatmaRice #MahatmaRiceUnites #CollectiveBias
Raise your hand if you have a hard time coming up with excellent, nutritious, and simple weeknight meals.
The Mahatma ® Ready to Serve Rice comes in 3 ranges consisting of Garlic and Olive Oil, Cilantro Lime, and Jasmine Rice and they are all Non-GMO. The finest part about these is that you don’t have to fret about boiling water or sticky rice (a typical issue I often have when cooking rice). All you have to do is serve the pouches according to the microwave instructions on the packaging and the rice is ready to go in simply 90 seconds!
I chose to make an Italian Beef and Rice Skillet using the Mahatma ® Ready to Serve Garlic and Olive Oil Rice. The garlic flavor in the rice paired completely with the other tastes in the meal! This one-pan meal comes together so rapidly and is hearty and soothing! To start, I sauteed some onion and lean ground beef. Then I threw in some bell peppers. I heated the rice in the microwave and after that included it to the pan along with diced tomatoes. To complete it off, I mixed in some Italian cheese into the rice and melted more on the top which’s it!
If you wish to prep ahead, you can slice the onions and peppers ahead of time, however I simply chopped them up quickly while the beef was cooking. This dinner couldn’t be easier thanks to Mahatma ® Ready to Serve Rice and was so delicious. It made for terrific leftovers to take to work too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 2 teaspoons Italian flavoring
- salt to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 pouches Garlic and Olive Oil Mahatma ® Ready to Serve Rice
- 1 can (145 ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- In a big non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Include the onion and cook up until clear, about 3-4 minutes. Include the beef and break up with a spatula and cook until it simply begins to brown. Stir in the Italian seasoning and some salt.
- Add the bell peppers and continue cooking another 5 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Prepare the Mahatma ® Ready to Serve Rice by tearing the top of each rice pouch 2 inches to vent and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds. Add the heated rice and diced tomatoes to the pan. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese up until combined. Season with more salt to taste. Top the frying pan with the staying cheese. Cover the skillet and lower heat to low. Leave covered for 4-5 minutes or till the cheese is melted. Serve.
Quantity Per Portion:
Calories: 427 Overall Fat: 17 g Hydrogenated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14 g Cholesterol: 80 mg Salt: 601 mg Carbohydrates: 37 g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Protein: 33 g
Mahatma ® Ready to Serve Rice varieties can be found in the rice aisle at your closest Walmart shop. Life is stressful but meals don’t have to be!