Ingredients: 2 tablespoons black pepper,1 15-pound boneless rib roast,1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves,1/4 cup packed fresh sage leaves,1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves,5 cloves garlic, pressed,1 cup olive oil,2 tablespoons salt
- Watch how to make this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Put the rib roast in a large roasting pan and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic in a food processor and pulse until everything is combined but there are still some chunks of herbs. Rub the mixture all over the roast.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Roast until the internal temperature registers 130 degrees F for medium rare, about 2 hours.
- Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes, then slice into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces.