Preparation: 25 min. Bake: 15 minutes.
4 portions (1 cup sauce)
With this simple, proven recipe, you do not need to be daunted to prepare rack of lamb for a holiday dinner. Rice pilaf and roasted asparagus are a beautiful method to round out the meal.
Herb-Crusted Lamb Ribs with Mushroom Sauce Dish image by Taste of House
- 2 frenched crown roasts (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon steak flavoring
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red white wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, optional
- Sprinkle lamb with steak flavoring. In a big skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb in oil for 2 minutes on each side. Brush with mustard.
- In a little bowl, combine the panko, thyme, mint, Worcestershire sauce and rosemary; press onto lamb. Transfer to a greased 15 x10- in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes or till meat reaches preferred doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should check out 135 °; medium,140 °; medium-well, 145 °).
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and 2 tablespoons butter up until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Give a boil; cook till liquid is lowered by half. Eliminate from the heat. Stir in the broth, honey, staying butter and chives if preferred.
- Eliminate lamb from oven and loosely cover with foil. Let represent 5 minutes prior to slicing. Serve with sauce.
1/2 rack with 1/4 cup sauce: 532 calories, 39 g fat (14 g hydrogenated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 861 mg salt, 10 g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33 g protein.