Here’s a slow-cooked meal-in-one just ideal for chilly winter nights. It’s nice to come house to a hearty soup that’s ready to eat. It goes well with a fruit salad and bread.– Colleen Jubl, Dayton, Ohio.
- 1 pound lean hamburger (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (14 -1/ 2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bundle (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 plan (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- In a big nonstick frying pan, cook beef and onion over medium heat up until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a 5-qt.
1 cup: 162 calories, 4g fat (2g hydrogenated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 380 mg salt, 18 g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 veggie.
Every item is individually chosen by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we might earn an affiliate commission.