Absolutely nothing beats this healthy taco salad recipe in the summertime. Crisp veggies, creamy dressing & crunchy tortilla strips make it fresh & fun to consume.
As much as I love tacos, I really love taco salads. Any time I make tacos for supper, I usually have a taco salad for lunch the next day to use up any remaining components. Today’s healthy taco salad dish isn’t simply any kitchen area sink salad.
Taco Salad Recipe Components
To make an excellent taco salad, you require a mix of textures and tastes– something velvety, something tangy, something crispy, something appetizing, and something crisp– all over lots of greens.
Find the total dish with measurements listed below.
Healthy Taco Salad Tips
- Make your own tortilla strips by toasting corn tortillas in the oven.
- Make it ahead.
- Make it a burrito bowl!
More Favorite Mexican-Inspired Recipes
If you like this healthy taco salad, attempt among these scrumptious dishes next:
- Baked Green Chile Taquitos
- Homemade Tortillas
- Sheet Pan Nachos
- Finest Breakfast Burrito
- Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Or any of these 11 best vegetarian taco dishes or 21 sides for tacos!
For more simple dinner ideas, check out this post!
Healthy Taco Salad
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Overall Time: 25 mins
Serves 2 to 3
This fresh, simple taco salad dish makes a filling lunch or fun supper. Preparation parts ahead of time and shop them independently for fast assembly! Gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 corn tortillas, sliced into strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained pipes and washed
- 2 red radishes, very finely sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced up cherry tomatoes and/or pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Jalapeno pieces, optional
- Cilantro Lime Dressing, the velvety avocado variation
- Sea salt
- Lime wedges, for serving
Shiitake Taco “Meat”
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and diced
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 ° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the tortilla strips with a little bit of olive oil and a few pinches of salt. Spread onto the sheet and bake for 10 to 14 minutes or till crispy.
Make the Shiitake Taco “Meat”: In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring just occasionally, till they begin to brown and soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the walnuts and lightly toast for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tamari and the chili powder. Include the balsamic vinegar and stir once again. Get rid of from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the salad with the romaine lettuce, cabbage, black beans, taco meat, radishes, tomatoes, avocado, jalapenos, if utilizing, and generous dollops of cilantro lime avocado dressing. Drizzle with olive oil and spray with sea salt. Serve with lime wedges and extra dressing on the side.