Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
The mild seasonings in these burgers give them mass appeal. Pita bread is a nice change of pace from the usual hamburger buns.
Gyro Burgers Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 8 pita pocket halves
- Sliced cucumber
- Cucumber Sauce
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon-pepper and salt. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve in pita bread with sliced cucumber and Cucumber Sauce.
1 each: 391 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.