Ingredients: 2 cucumbers (each 3/4 lb.),3 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves,2 cloves garlic, minced,1 1/2 pounds ground lean lamb,2 tablespoons lemon juice,1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt,1/2 teaspoon pepper,4 pocket breads (about 6 in.), cut in half crosswise,About 1/2 teaspoon salt,1 tablespoon minced fresh or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- In a bowl, mix lamb with garlic, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into 8 equal oblong patties, each about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place patties on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until meat is browned on each side and just barely pink in center (cut to test), 7 to 10 minutes total.
- While lamb patties cook, peel cucumbers and thinly slice.
- Mix slices with yogurt, mint, and lemon juice to make a cucumber salad.
- On each of 4 plates, place 2 lamb patties, 1/4 of the cucumber salad, and 2 pocket bread halves. Tuck meat into bread, adding cucumber salad and salt to taste.