Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. black pepper,1 Tbs. butter,3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce,1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained,2-3 Tbs. chili seasoning (my mom only uses William’s),1 clove garlic, minced,1-2 Tbs. granulated sugar,1 pound lean ground beef,1 tsp. olive oil,1/2 tsp. salt,1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste,1 1/2 cups water,1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- Melt the butter in a large dutch oven.
- Add the olive oil, onion and garlic and stir. Cook the onions and garlic until they are softened and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and break it up as it cooks.
- Add the salt and pepper. When cooked through, drain any excess grease if needed.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of chili seasoning and 1 tablespoon of sugar, along with the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water and stir to combine well. Bring the sauce to a simmer, then cover and cook for at least 2 hours up to
- The longer the better!
- Serve with cooked spaghetti noodles of your choice.