Prep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
Red wine and thyme are the perfect ingredients to turn tender steak into mouthwatering fare. While it offers the added bonus of being gluten-free, any guest at your table will love it. —Melissa McCrady, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 3/4 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a shallow dish, combine soy sauce and thyme. Add the beef and turn to coat. Cover: refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce.
1 each: 234 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.