Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
An overnight marinade performs double duty, gently flavoring and tenderizing this lean cut of beef. It can be grilled to perfection in only minutes.
Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts at 1-in. intervals, making diamond shapes. Repeat on other side.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the next five ingredients. Add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; medium-well, 170°). Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce.
1/4 ounce-weight: 225 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.