Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
about 4-1/2 dozen
Before I retired, these tasty little treats were popular during snack time at work. They’re a good way to use up leftover corn bread. —Mearl Harris, West Plains, Missouri
Enchilada Meatballs Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and remaining enchilada sauce. Drain meatballs; place in a serving dish. Top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with toothpicks.
3 meatballs: 46 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.