Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
Rita also shares this make-ahead dish.
Easy Oven Stew Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, trimmed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chunky stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil. Add the next eight ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, stirring twice.
- Stir in peas; cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 cup: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber).